Tuesday 25 January 2011

What's your hair limit?

I swim some three to four days a week. There are some hot guys at the pool. And there are some not so hot guys at the pool. Of course, you will also see a variety of hair, er, styles on different body types. The older men, you really can't say much about. I can only give them props, really, for showing up at all. (I am no stellar specimen of a woman, certainly no top model, but I am entitled to my opinion, especially when it comes to body hair. Grin)

Me, I like some hair on a man's chest. Tom Selleck did that very nicely. (So does my husband. Yum!)


It has to be just enough to run my fingers through, but not so much that I feel like I'm petting Sasquatch. No sasquatches please! And I've seen my share of sasquatches. There are a few at the pool. You know the ones with a pelt on their chest and one on their back to match. (Eep!) Yeah, I'll pass.

Once while at Laguna Seca, I saw this man walking toward me. His skin glistened blue-white through his fiery red hair. Hair that was everywhere. From his ankles, up his tree trunk legs, most likely under those teeny, overly tight tennis shorts, over the shirtless, huge man belly, on his bearded face, and down his back. It was a pelt. Although I didn't look much closer than that, I am sure he had some on his knuckles, too. It was shudder inducing, and the image is forever embedded in my mind. Maybe you can imagine it, too. (Evil grin) Some two hours later, the same guy's skin was no longer blue-white, but bright red to match his hair. The skin color change did not increase his appeal.

However, I'm not big on a prepubescent-esque nude chest that was all of the rage for years either. I mean, if the man is naturally hairless, that's one thing, but to shave/wax to get that desired state. No. My first boyfriend in high school had that bare chest. (Think Beckham-like body, only slightly buffer but not body builder. He was a swimmer.) I was okay with it. (grin)

Now, my craving for that little bit of hair on a man's chest does not extend to a man's face. Maybe because my father was clean-shaven, I have never been attracted to men with any hair on their face. (Well, Tom Selleck aside. His mustache suited him quite nicely. grin) I want to see my man's face, and I don't want to feel like I am kissing a caterpillar with God knows what still stuck in its fur. (If I want leftovers, I'll get them from the fridge, thank you very much!) I apologize in advance for this next picture, but I couldn't resist. I would never date a man with this on his face:

Some men do look better with a bit of fur. One of my childhood friends had a stepfather who shaved his mustache once. With the mustache, he was unattractive (at least, I thought so.) Without the mustache, he made a melodrama villain look positively angelic. He had this long, narrow face with beady eyes. The mustache hid just how long and narrow (and unattractive) he really was. His wife was absolutely beautiful. Whatever attracted her to him mystified me.

And God help the Grizzly Adams men. That was a cool show, and he was a cool mountain man, but I ain't datin' him, kissin' him, or doin' anything else with him, for that matter. He'll have to settle for the bear. If my husband ever went Grizzly on me, he'd be sleeping on the couch.

Oh, and that mustache with the goatie thing some men do? It looks like a butt hole. Some people might like kissing butt holes, but count me out. I've never been an ass kisser, and I'm not going to start now. Brad Pitt can't even pull it off for me. Sorry, Brad, I guess you are stuck with Angelina. (grin)

So, what's your hair limit?

24 comments:

Emmy Ellis said...

Oh, much to discuss today.

First, DAVID. OMG he is just lush and probably the only male I like without chest hair.

Second, I love the same amount of hair as you--gotta love my man's hairy chest. He hates it, but I LOVE it. I also love stubbly beards and the Brad beard. I used to have a thing for Brad, too, until he threw Jennifer over and ran off with Angelina. Ugh.

So, yes. My day has started nicely with David Gazing and Chest Hair Imagining. I am all aquiver!

And LOL @ Maybe you can imagine it, too.

D'ya bloody THINK after your description? Revolting, woman!

:o)

Faith Bicknell said...

I like hair chests, but not the pelt kind. My hubby has just enough to keep me happy. His beard however irks me to no end. He's very handsome when he keeps it trimmed, and trimming it to something nice and sleek takes ten years off his appearance, but he hates shaving, so is therefore L.A.Z.Y. about it and I might see the nice, handsome look once very three or four months.

It's like the pretty woman who lands her man, immediately spits out several kids and then does nothing after that to get her figure back. My hubby is the same way with his beard. He'd always keep it trimmed and nice, then once we were married, he let it go and it's like Grizzly Adams. ARGH!

And I hate, hate, hate it when he lets his hair get too long. He thinks it looks cool. I think he looks like he stepped out of the cave man era. I finally told him I refused to let him have "any" if he didn't cut the hair and keep the beard shaved better. The long hair is gone, but we're still working on that damn infernal beard.

Tess MacKall said...

I have to say I love a man with a hairy chest. Gives me something to pull out if they piss me off. LOL

Well, not really. But I just love the feel and look of it. Really do. I don't know what's up with all these shaved men these days---shaved or waxed.

Styles come and go. But give me a real man with real chest hair and one who doesn't give a rat's ass about shaving and waxing and I'll show you a man who is confident and sexy as hell.

Now about the old dudes. How old and where are they? LMAOOOOOO any silver-haired foxes in the bunch. Let me know...just sayin'. Might be a time to visit sunny SoCal. lol

Kate Richards said...

I love beards, most beards anyway. My husband has a habit of shaving about every week or so, just long enough for me to beg him to grow one. Then he shaves, sigh. Such a tease!

And I like some hair on a guy's chest too, but backs...not so much

Marci Baun said...

LOL, Sarah. I had to post a pic of him just for you, especially as we were talking chests. (g)

Charlie said he didn't have hair on his chest. LOL It's not a lot, but it's just enough. (g) After I told him that, he was happy. (g)

HAHAHAHAHA it was revolting. So revolting that I just had to share. (g)

Marci Baun said...

HAHAHAHA, Faith. He'd've been SOL with me with that beard. LOL

Marci Baun said...

Well, the old dudes are in their 50s and 60s. (g) Some are really buff and have bodies better than 25 year olds. Some of them are, um, ew. Some are hot. (g) Many have a bit of silver and some are completely silver.

So, yes, we have some silver foxes, Tess. You will find them at the SCAQ (Southern California Aquatics, aka Masters Swimming) workouts. (g)

Marci Baun said...

You know, Kate, what really turns my stomach is when I see hair peeking out of the neckline of a man's shirt... in the back. That is just EW!

My FIL has a full beard. It's close trimmed, but still a full one. He shaved it once. He looks much better with a beard. :)

Tess MacKall said...

OMG...what you just said to Kate reminds me of this man I see in the grocery store all the time.

The hair on his chest is so thick and so long that it not only peeks out from his shirt collar at the top, it has a full blown riot and the first couple of times I saw him?

Honestly, I thought it was his freaking beard. Then one day I got in line behind him and saw him in profile standing at the check out to pay and realized it wasn't a beard but his chest hair bunching out like that.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
just ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
and just gaggggggggggggggggggggg

Marci Baun said...

HAHAHAHA, Tess. That's hilarious... in a disturbing sort of way. (g) I think if I'd seen that, my eyes would have screamed, "Nooooooo! Make it go away!" (g)

Cassie Exline said...

Hubby has just the right amount of hair on his chest. I love it when he has a goatee. Well I did until the leftover comment, not so appealing at the moment. ;)

Grizzly Adams reminded me of my high school best friend who married the hottest guy in school. Dreamy, creamy. Saw them a few years after graduation and YIKES! He left his hair grow and his beard, no dreamy, creamy anywhere. Scary, wary.

Marci Baun said...

HAHAHAHAHA--sorry about that. I didn't meant to ruin the goatee thing for you. (g)

That's common, Cassie. Sometimes, the hottest guy in the school turns into something very scary. (g)

Margie Church said...

I'm a die-hard Selleck fan my DH has had a mustache for as long as I've known him. I love a soft mat of hair on a man's chest and a yummy treasure trail...but I don't want to be using a lint brush on my clothes or the furniture cuz he sheds more than the dog. Back hair? Nope. Trim it up boys - everywhere if you ask me. ;-)

Faith Bicknell said...

Yanno, to this day I think Selleck is a nice looking man, but if he shaves his mustache off, he looks so strange!

I'm more of a Sam Elliot fan, tho.

Marci Baun said...

HAHAHAHAHA, Margie. I agree. I expect to have to clean up the shed from my cat or dog, but certainly not my husband. HAHAHAHAHA

Faith,

Butt hair is disgusting. I think the worst possible combo would be seing a plumber's crack with butt hair springing out of the pants, too. Ew! The red-haired fellow at Laguna Seca was probably one of those. (shudder)

Fiona McGier said...

I love hairy men! Unshaven stubbly faces? Yum! Mustaches? Double yum! Not so crazy about full beards, but husband has one of those goatee things surrounding his mouth, and I think it's very sexy. I don't want to kiss a man and have his face as smooth as a woman's, cause if I wanted to kiss a woman I would. But I don't.
Hairy chests? Yum! Shoulders and arms? Double yum! Backs? Eh...but the whole shaving/waxing thing is so effete. Just go "au naturale" and I'll be happy. Hairy legs? Yeah...and of course hairy "there"? Yumiferous!
Do you get the idea? I love hairy men!

http://dawnchandlersramblings.blogspot.com/ said...

I have never liked hair on a mans chest till I met my husband. He has just the right amount to run your fingers through without getting trapped in there, so I must agree that some hair is nice but not a fur ball. I don't like back hair, I am fully against the wearing of fur coats. :)For facial hair I must say I like the grizzly adams look, well at least I do on my husband. I tell him to leave it but it starts to itch and bye bye it goes...sigh, so sad.

Natalie Dae said...

LMFAO @ Fiona's enthusiasm for man hair.

Let's start the WE LOVE HAIRY MEN brigade, eh? Love it.

:o)

Janice Seagraves said...

Yuck, I can't stand hair. My hubby has a natural bare chest and that's fine with me.

Janice~

Faith Bicknell said...

Ah-ha!

Sarah, I think we just figured out why werewolf romance is so popular. There's a secret society of "we Love Hairy Men" out there!

LMAO!

Marci Baun said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA, Fiona. This is why I asked. Everyone has their particular tastes. Lots of hair isn't for me, but it is for others. (g)

Dawn,

When I told my husband I didn't like furry faces, he looked at me and said, "But what about that picture of me with a goatee and mustache." I said, "That was before I knew you. It was okay then." (g)

Well, you can count me out of that society, Sarah. (g)

It just might, Faith. (g) Personally, I don't dig on stories if they are just about werewolves. I'm more about the story itself. (g)

And there you go, Janice. You are the opposite of Fiona. It's a good thing there are so many men to choose from with such a variety of hair coverage. (g)

Terry Kate said...

Dude!
Me and the boy friend were at the diner and this older man had a Yosemite Sam mustache. when he was eating he took the ends and tucked them behind his ears!
Great Post
Terry Kate
<a href="http://naughtyinthebackseat.com/blog/>Naughty in the Backseat</a>

Kelley Heckart said...

I'm with you and like some chest hair. I like long hair on a guy's head too. Goatees--I kind of like them, but not full bushy beards. I always think there are things living in there. Ick.

I can't imagine why a guy would want to wax his chest. This brings to mind the funny scene in The 40 Year-Old Virgin.

Marci Baun said...

There are living things in a full beard, CC. You may never see them, and you'd probably never know until they peeked out at you and nipped your chin. (g)

My sister is a beautician. She once waxed one of her boyfriend's backs. Apparently, on the first rip, she had to peel him off the ceiling. (g)